WeighIn
106.4
Today I was so nervous about calling Rachel to ask if she could pick me up at the Honda dealer. Why do I fear other humans? I put off the call for 15 minutes, then finally with tension, made the call. She sounded abrupt and surprised as she picked up the phone, which increased my tension. Then I asked the question and heard the flappy response: "Oh yeah! the Herb Chambers in Burlington, totally no problem!"
Not even a trace of discomposure. I felt quite silly.
I opened the return portal to North Dakota and my favorite cousin, Roberta, is coming out to visit for the metropolitan weekend. I would like the abode to glitter and sparkle to the harmony of simple green and a dusting rag. Sheets buoyant from a recent tumble with fabric softener, disinfected bathroom rugs and toiletries arranged with enchanting effectiveness . . . Martha, Martha, be with me as I pray . . .
Pablo responded to my message in an unexpected way.
Dear Ramona,
I am glad to hear that your belongings reached their destination safe and sound, I certainly didn’t want to take any chances and damage/scratch any of the items. I obviously took the note that you had taped to the door… I also saw the date when you wrote it… I realized you probably left it there for many days, which was, well, frankly, incredibly sweet. I thank you immensely for writing what you wrote. I won’t deny that I was deeply hurt after the call, by some of the things that were said, so the note meant *a lot* to me. I know that sometimes you think I’m theatrical, but I really was touched by it, it is no hyperbole. I also wish I had gotten my hands on it sooner :-\.
I am going through an incredibly stressing period at the office, I’ve worked an insane amount of hours the past weeks and have gotten little sleep, so I really don’t trust that I would be able to convey in written form what I’d like to say addressing your last two paragraphs. I figured it would be better if we could meet at a time and place of your convenience (I don’t know where you’re working at these days), and take that opportunity too to get my stuff. If you don’t want to meet I understand, and in that case I guess I’d choose the delivery method that least inconveniences you, which probably would be for you to leave my stuff on your doorstep, and I’d go and get it the day you leave it out. I’ll be working throughout the weekend so that is an option too.
Receive my very best,
Pablo
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(116)
-
▼
January
(76)
- Status 20070131
- Status 20070130
- Party Plans - In Progress
- The Price of Comfort
- Status 20070129
- Grab Your Lover's Ass: Confessions of a Tele Skier
- Recipes To Try - Sacagawea
- Status 20070126
- Career Description Tick List
- Lies, Lies, Lies
- Dribbles and Bits
- Apples and Oranges
- Giving Peace a Chance
- Status 20070125
- Myers Briggs and Career Analysis
- Status 20070124
- Body Position Medical Terms
- Musculoskeletal Standards in Writing - In Progress
- Raised Breads
- Status 20070123
- Returning for an Advanced Degree by MattK
- What's Important This Week?
- Plot Development
- Status 20070122
- Grace Under Biological Pressure
- Caramel Rolls
- When Electromagnetic Fields Go Bad
- Status 20070119
- Ninja Climbing by Dan
- Dear Pablo
- Status 20070118
- Hueco Report - In Progress
- Lori's Views on Physical Therapy
- Status 20070117 Randomly
- Questions 20070116
- Status 20070116 and Theories on Injury
- The Wrong Way
- Climbing Technique and Injury Prevention
- "Pablo" by Dad and Akiko
- West Prep
- Status 20070115
- Eggs in a Basket
- Petri Feelings
- Elbow History and PT Instructions
- Vietnam
- Thanks
- Myers Briggs
- Status 20071201
- Status 20070111
- Straight from Ricky's Mouth
- Sacrifices
- "He's the one who made the decision"
- I Dared To . . .
- A Matter of Finding the Problem, Not Solving It
- Experience is Not Due
- New Career Questions and Plans
- Objectivity in Art
- Allowed to be Mad
- North Dakota Patchwork
- Work a day
- Travelling People
- PT Instructions for Back
- Status 20070104
- James Joyce-isms
- Friends Say
- Gibbering
- Status 20070103
- Condolences and Compliments
- People to Emulate
- 2007 "I will..."
- 2006 "Outstanding questions"
- 2006 "Firsts"
- Dawning of the (Working) New Year
- Scraplets
- The Good Things
- Sentiment Defined
-
▼
January
(76)