A man named Alan Quinn once told me that he had the ability to suck energy from sources. He knew this because often when he passed street lamps they blinked out.
Apparently I have the ability to destroy the energy of sources. Street light thievery is petty stuff compared to this.
Lately I've encountered or caused an odd string of events, including but not restricted to:
- Noticing a strange and loud buzzing from the neighboring house's power lines, then touching the door of my car and receiving a shock that was actually painful. The stinging lasted for the next few minutes as well. This was a new experience.
- Visiting the Concord Public Library and 1. freezing the first computer I touched browsing my mail and blog then 2. after a few moments browsing on another machine, mine and the adjacent fellow's machines suddenly blinked off, perhaps due to a loose and shared power connection. I couldn't even get my laptop to connect to their LAN. The librarian listened, apologized, rebooted, crawled under tables and eventually unceremoniously killed herself.
- Recent unexplained failure to eject memory sticks.
- Laptop crashing and dying with no apparent trigger event. It twitches every so often so it's not quite dead, but I sense it ought to be put out of its misery.
- Digital camera freezing in the on position, starting to film then moving to a blank screen while still on.
- Digital scale repeatedly trying to read, flipping back to 0, back to 0, back to 0, then sometimes the weight, sometimes ERR.
I realize these happenings aren't so amazing, and no, I don't think a higher power is at work. But is it coincidence or ? the weather ? me scuffing my feet ? a very very very bad personal electromagnetic vibe?
And the fact is, these unenviable encounters with technology are just plain irritating, not to mention extremely inconvenient.